Managing Partner Roundtable
A peer-group network of marketing partners and managing partners who tap into each other’s perspectives, expertise, and strategic wisdom.
Strategic Guidance. Relevant Insights.
The Managing Partner Roundtable is a peer-group network of managing partners who tap into each other’s perspectives, expertise, and strategic wisdom to:
- Adapt to the new set of competitive pressures facing small-to-mid-sized law firms
- Implement appropriate revenue-strengthening strategies and tactics
- Make the experience of law firm leadership more rewarding
The Roundtable consists of managing partners of regional firms (with generally 60-500 lawyers) with their main offices in non-overlapping geographies.
Example Agenda Topics
- Marketplace Challenges (e.g., how do we compete against boutiques offering lower rates?)
- Cultural challenges (e.g., how do we motivate more of our lawyers to develop business?)
- Budgeting standards (e.g., how do we determine where to spend for optimal ROI?)
- Best practices for strategic marketing
- Cross-selling models that create client loyalty and revenue growth
- Management challenges (e.g., how can we best support the lawyers and the professionals who support them?)
- Strategies that encourage buy-in from the rest of firm management
- How to assess the latest technology for better efficacy and efficiency
Roundtable meetings occur quarterly for 75 minutes via teleconference – with the exception of the month in which a Roundtable retreat is held. The calls follow a “Mastermind” format whereby members raise in strict confidence topics of concern and relevance and seek each other’s perspectives and strategic wisdom for practical solutions.
The roundtable provides thought-provoking and informative, top-tier presentations from consultants experienced with law firms and their challenges as well as candid group discussions from peers at like-minded and situated firms. MPR is a productive forum for exploring and advancing law firm management strategies, particularly as to business development and marketing.
Rodger Aksamit Managing Partner,
The roundtable provides useful insights for navigating the issues that law firms struggle with in today’s marketplace. The quality of programming and peer discussion are top notch.
Frank Sheppard Managing Partner,
The Roundtable discussions are always helpful, relevant and engaging. The meetings provide valuable insights and they prompt me to think more strategically about my firm’s future.
Jennifer Post Office Managing Partner,
Thompson Coburn LLP