Managing Partner Roundtable
A peer-group of law firm leaders who tap into each other’s perspectives, expertise, and solutions.
Strategic Guidance. Relevant Insights.
The Managing Partner Roundtable is a peer-group network of managing partners who tap into each other’s perspectives to:
- Adapt to the new set of competitive pressures facing small-to-mid-sized law firms
- Implement appropriate revenue-strengthening strategies and tactics
- Make the experience of law firm leadership more rewarding
The Roundtable consists of managing partners and other firm leaders from regional and super-regional firms.
Example Agenda Topics
- Marketplace Challenges (e.g. How do we compete against boutiques offering lower rates, or larger firms offering more bench strength?)
- Cultural Challenges (e.g. How do we sustain and enhance cohesion at our firm?)
- Budgeting Standards (e.g. How do we determine where to spend for optimal ROI?)
- Management Challenges (e.g., How can we secure buy-in from the rest of firm management?)
- Growth Challenges (e.g., How can we safely navigate our firm to the next stage of growth while maintaining our current client relationships and service standards?)
Roundtable meetings occur regularly throughout the year via teleconference and every year we host an in-person Retreat. During our discussions, members raise in strict confidence topics of concern and relevance and seek each other’s perspectives for practical solutions.
The Roundtable provides thought-provoking and informative, top-tier presentations from consultants experienced with law firms and their challenges as well as candid group discussions from peers at like-minded and situated firms. MPR is a productive forum for exploring and advancing law firm management strategies, particularly as to business development and marketing.
Rodger Aksamit Managing Partner
The Roundtable provides useful insights for navigating the issues that law firms struggle with in today’s marketplace. The quality of programming and peer discussion are top notch.
Frank Sheppard Managing Partner
The Roundtable discussions are always helpful, relevant and engaging. The meetings provide valuable insights and they prompt me to think more strategically about my firm’s future.
Jennifer Post Office Managing Partner
Thompson Coburn LLP