Director Of Business Development
(100% remote role – United States)
We are seeking a strategic, entrepreneurial Director of Business Development who specializes in hunting, building, managing, and consistently delivering high performing sales through a consultative approach. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, customer-centric, and delivery-focused, with a track record of exceeding revenue goals.
- Develop communication strategy and cadence to reach out to prospective clients and follow up with each lead aggressively
- Contribute to overall strategy by making recommendations on target markets
- Evaluate market size and efficacy of our sales process, identifying opportunities to enhance the process
- Work directly with CEO to generate incremental revenue
- Source new business through both consultative and relationship selling techniques
- Maintain and update CRM data for assigned accounts
- Recognize prospect business problems and pain-points and drive/influence resources to address these needs; create business proposals around these needs
- Adopt and use our sales productivity tools while understanding our product and services backwards and forwards
- Provide timely and insightful feedback to product management and marketing
- 4+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / account management / related experience
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to prioritize and work nimbly with cross-functional teams across leadership, product, sales, marketing, customer success and operations
- Ability to flourish in a high-growth startup environment with ambiguity, and turn uncertainty into opportunities
- An exceptional track record of driving revenue through partnerships
- Proven track record of executing large scale partnership roll-outs efficiently and effectively
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Expert project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with CRMs or other sales automation tool (HubSpot preferred)
- Skilled in articulating the value and differentiation of solutions
- Quick learner with strong communication and virtual presentation/demo skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Why you’ll love working at Ackert:
- We are growing – We’re on an exciting trajectory, growing an average of 50%/year across business functions.
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at Ackert embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and face the facts, even when they’re scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for five years or five minutes.
- We are supportive – Helping one another is ingrained in our culture. Diversity and inclusion is part of our ethos. We create a respectful, fun environment where everyone’s voice matters.
- We are mission-driven – Our mission is to expand hearts, minds, and horizons. We are committed to our clients and our team. We believe in connecting people with possibility.
- Work from anywhere - 100% remote position (United States)
Competitive compensation based on experience with comprehensive health benefits and eligibility for our preferred stock plan after one year of employment.
OTE = $170,000
With over 20 years of experience in business development for professional services, Ackert is a technology and consulting services company specializing in revenue growth and generation. Our PIPELINEPLUS software suite and advisory services will elevate your business development outcomes.